Friday, January 30, 2009

Update on a Ho-Hum Life



Dear friend,

I know you think I have forgotten you-I haven't. I have just been busy doing lots of things and accomplishing nothing. I finally finished piecing the Scrappy Star quilt, and now I need to put a back together for it and take it to Sue's to be quilted. I'm not sure where this one is going yet. I still need to decide before I make the label.

I started another quilt that's really fun but need to find more fabric so tomorrow after breakfast with Shirley, Lisa, Nikki and Nancy I am going to plow through my stash. This quilt is red, white and black. I may be forced to buy some fabrics for this one. Darn it, don't you just hate that! (Yes, that was tongue-in-cheek.)

Have you ever been to south-eastern Arizona? I have been to Nogales once and to Tombstone but I have always wanted to go to Patagonia-isn't that a great name! Mat is down there now working on a contract that finally came in. Hooray!!!! He has been sending me wonderful pictures via phone and this is one of them. I was so amazed at this beautiful sun (rise or set, I'm not sure.) I had just read a photography tutorial the other day about scene pictures needing to to tell a story-it needs a beginning, a middle and an end. Then I get this and there it is. I love getting pictures from him. It really makes my day.

Keep sending the pictures Mat. I love them.

I am trying to read a book called the Zookeepers Wife for book club. It is a true story about the underground Polish network and the amazing work they did to hide and rescue as many of the victims of the Nazi occupation of Poland during WWII. It is not easy to read as it talks about so much of the horrible things that were done to the Polish people and the Jews but I will finish this book by next week. The author, Diane Ackerman, is very knowledgable, and she did a tremondous amount of research for this book, but I sometimes think she has a need to share all of her knowledge whether it has anything to do with the story or not.

I guess I've told you about all there is for now. I promise to write soon.

Love Jan

5 comments:

Jen said...

Doesn't sound like a ho-hum life to me. I love the idea of a red, black & white quilt- can't wait to see it.

Shanan and Danica said...

Good thing you posted because Dad was going to say something like he does to Beth at Cousin's dinner...hehe :)

And if you really need help with the label on that quilt I have a good suggestion--To Shanan and Danica works for me. :)

bradi said...

Your quilt sounds beautiful! I wish my mom would make me a quilt. . . Hope you enjoy the book. I'm reading A Mercy by Toni Morrison for a book club.

Anonymous said...

I still want to borrow it when you're finished with it.

I love southeastern Arizona. Almost everything from I-19 east and I-10 south is fabulous. =)

Don't you think you need to go down for a visit?

Janquilts said...

Sue, I'm ready when you are. Let's go.