Monday, January 12, 2009

Sewing Again















I am so happy to be able to get back to my sewing machine. I have been piecing this top for almost a year now and had all the blocks made when I decided I needed to add another row. So hopefully, this will be finised and ready for the quilt machine by the end of the month. I love the scrappy look (this was all made from stash fabric) and this Carrie Nelson pattern was really fun to work with. One more row, the border and the back and it's over and out the door to Sue's for her magic.
Speaking of Sue and her magic. I just picked this quilt up from her house tonight. Actually, she finished it in August but I kept forgetting to touch base with her to pick it up-she was ready to adopt it but it's mine now. All I need to do is put the binding on it and then it's your's-Lisa.
The pictures don't do it justice but I love it anyway. No, the lumps are not a body, it's my clean laundry waiting to be put away but I had to spread this out somewhere.

Do you think there is enough red in it?

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, the colors are beautiful.

Shanan and Danica said...

I love both of them...I think either would look great in my room. hehe

Unknown said...

Great job! When does my name go on the list for another other than Christmas quilt?
Judy

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you tonight!

I love both quilts. Scrappy is my favorite thing.

I'm surprised Sue let you have that one back after all this time. =) Lucky Lisa. Just the right amount of red. Maybe she'll hold this next one hostage in its place. =)