Sunday, January 4, 2009

The New Year-A New Sewing Room





I finally got up to Vernon on Friday. There was a lot of snow still on the ground around the house and in the forest around Show Low and up on the mountains, but it was a beautiful day, windy and wintry with lots of sunshine. Here a couple of pictures of Dad and his new friend Sam(antha) and the snow.

















Hunter drove-his first driving experience through the canyon. He did great and now I have to set back and let Logann and Morgann do it. I let them drive up and back to Payson last summer but that is not the same thing. I am not a good passenger though, and I probably drive them all crazy telling them how to do things. I think I inherited that from Dad! I remember him doing the very same thing when he rode shotgun with me.

Today is the last day of a wonderful 4 day weekend and I still have so much I want to do! My sewing room is finally unpacked and put away, my sewing machine is up and ready to go, my current project containers are sitting under the sewing table and my hands are craving the feel of sewing. But-I have a ton of other things I have to do before I return to the real world tomorrow.

I do have to admit to at least one addiction. The daughters would not let this pass-I am addicted to fabric and am hereby proclaiming that, though I may be able to control it a little better now that I have full access to my stash, this is one addiction I shall never give up. So I am putting my children on notice now-this is your inheritance and it will continue to grow. Get over it!



The cabinets with the sliding basket shelves I got at Ikea are absolutely wonderful and worth every penny I paid for them. I am so lucky to have two great daughters that helped me un-box all of my stuff. The labor only cost me a breakfast and a lunch. Oh well, small price to pay for a good time.




3 comments:

Shanan and Danica said...

I am so glad to hear that you got your sewing room back...it looks wonderful.

And you are right the drive through Payson is nothing like the drive through the canyon...myself I prefer the drive through Payson. :)

Jen said...

Hi !
Your room is beautiful!

Samantha is such a beautiful dog! What a good companion for your Dad to have

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great sewing room, and a wonderful stash, but I'm sure there's more of it hiding in pictures you didn't show.

One road we never take with the 5-er is the canyon. LOL!