Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More Christmas Week

I went by Marla's house tonight. She had been up to Dad's and said to come and get the goodies that Dad and Judy sent. So I picked up this:





They had sent jams, jellies, green beans, corn and stewed tomatoes. I was really happy to get them because home canned green beans are right up there next to chocolate.


Well then Marla brought out this wonderful Christmas gift from Shana and Kristi. I almost cried and am totally blown away by their talents.




And inside this beautiful box was this:

















It's hard to see just how much they put into this project from these pictures but there are 4 packages of wonderful cards for holidays, birthdays, blank and miscellanious.


















And on the bottom of the pile was this wonderful book- with a page for each month with family birthdays and special days and promise of updated calendars and holders for cards for the occasion. It was beautiful and I love all of it. I guess I really do owe my nieces each a quilt.
Hmm....







The new sewing room is almost finished (pictures are coming) and my fingers are just itching to get back to the sewing machine.

5 comments:

andrea said...

Wow! What a great gift. Those cards ad the organizer calendar are awesome. Maybe if I get my tail in gear right now I could get some done for family for next Christmas! I better hurry though....I've already lost 5 days of working time! :)

Shanan and Danica said...

that is truly a great gift. it gives me ideas...hehe

bradi said...

What a very sweet gift! I'm going to remember that for some year. Oh, who we kidding? I'll forget! Could you send me a note to remind me;)

Unknown said...

I was blown away by the box of cards and calendar book too! The work that went into it is awesome! They are so cute that I don't want to give them away--I want to keep them and just brag about my amazing nieces. As to the canned goodies now you know why the months of August through November are so hectic for me. Trying to find time to get all of the garden and the fruit that I ordered canned--between working at the Library and Dr's appointments and grocery shopping and...and...and anyway I do love to do the canning--it's the feeling of accomplishment that I get when it is all done that makes it so satisfying. I hope you enjoy it.
Judy

Anonymous said...

Okay, I was looking for the jars you were talking about. This isn't that post?

The card sets are great! What time and effort and talent they put into that.