Saturday, November 8, 2008

Today was the Twisted Sister's first annual bake-a-thon. My dd1 got a shiney new black Kitchen Aid mixer for her birthday last month so she invited dd2 to bring her shiney red
Kitchen Aid mixer over and they spent the entire day creating wonderful treats and goodies.


They baked these wonderful ginger cookies-


Some fudge (with nuts and without) and the nut playing with it is my McDonald Gdaughter. Sonic Gdaughter was at work and missed the fun.

They baked awesome Orange Rolls-


Dinner rolls -



and terrific Cinnamon Rolls.

They did a great job (I taught them well) and while they baked I ran away to a great class at my favorite quilt store to learn a new technique so that I can create my own version of this -



Now that I have announced that I am attempting to make this, I hope it will encourage me to finish it. It is really not hard and once the pieces are cut out and the layout looks good, it is really easy to put together. My very talented friend Lynnita designed this and I was excited to get to learn how to do it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So your children make all these wonderful goodies and do not think of their favorite aunt who is willingly setting aside her life to care for their grandpa and would love to taste some of those delicious morsels of sweets. I think I have been forgotten in the frozen north of Arizona.