Sunday, November 9, 2008

First let me apologize to my friends and family the incorrect information that I sent out this morning about this blog. I had intended to call it Silver Threads and Golden Needles from an old country western song. Due to several factors including my ICRS status in life I messed up.


The song was written in 1956 by Jack Rhodes and Dick Reynolds and originally recorded by Wanda Jackson. Linda Rondstadt recorded it again and here are the lyrics:


I don't want your lonely mansion with a tear in every room.

All I want's the love you promised beneath the haloed moon.

But you think I should be happy with your money and your name,

And hide myself in sorrow while you play your cheating game.


Silver threads and golden needles cannot mend this heart of mine.

And I dare not drown my sorrow in the warm glow of your wine.

You can't buy my love with money cause I never was that kind.

Silver threads and golden needles cannot mend this heart of mine.

Here is the youtube video of a very young Linda Rondstadt performing in concert. Check out a very different kind of concert audience than we see at today's concerts. Hmmm.

So, when I was creating this little blog, I got the adjectives reversed but that's okay because the original wasn't available.

Next on the list-
Our book discussion group just finished Randy Pausch's The Last Lecture.



I resisted reading this for a long time-primarily (I think) because it was on Oprah's list but I am glad I overcame that hurdle and read it anyway. If you have already read it, I hope you enjoyed it because there is a very powerful message for all of us in it. If you have not, I hope you do so soon. If you are not sure you want to read it, go to this link to hear the actual Last Lecture


His zest for life and challenges as well as his ability to take advice and grow from it were inspiring.
I think this would make a great Christmas gift for my older g-kids.


2 comments:

Shanan and Danica said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. :)

And I totally agree with you about the Last Lecture. I wasn't sure about it myself when I started it but I am so glad that I read it. :)

bradi said...

So glad you've decided to join us all! Bring on the ranting and raving! Can't wait to hear all about your family. ;)