Monday, November 17, 2008

Does any one ever really buy anything from Billy Mays-the extremely loud huckster on those obnoxious TV commercials?

Do you know how much I hate to pack? Hate to move? Hate to unpack? In fact, I think there is a suitcase in my closet that still has clothes from my last trip to Vernon. Oh well, I guess that is less I have to pack, huh!

I think I need to get in a good mood soon or my family is going to shoot me. Part of my frustration is my inability to complete any of my many quilt projects. I think I have only sewn 2 or 3 days since August and that was to start something new-each time. My sewing room is overflowing with unfinished projects and they keep calling my name. If I take an extra Aleve before I go to bed, then I don't hear the voices of my undone work.

All this leads me to one of the big, really big reasons I hate about moving. It's that the unfinished projects get packed up and buried (as opposed to being part of the elephant that lives in the corners and closets of my sewing room.)

And then because I do this all the time, I see another quilt, bag, Christmas gift or whatever that I want to make, so getting back to the packed-up ufos gets harder and harder each passing day.

Have you seen through this diatrabe yet? You're right. I already have a new project that my hands are really itching to start and I can't do it now because of the water is over the levee in current projects. Do you want to see what I want to make now? I saw this bag on another blog several months ago and absolutely fell in love with it. Here it is.


Isn't this absolutely wonderful. I have started collecting fabrics for it and it will be on top of the box and the first thing I open after the move. I promise.

I also promise to finish at least 3 unfinished projects by Christmas. I wonder if a 60+ can live on 3 - 4 hours of sleep? Maybe I should unplug my computer-oh yeah, it can work without the plug.

My head hurts. I'm going to bed and plug my ears.

No comments: