Saturday, March 6, 2010

Long Time Gone

Dear Friends,

Yes-it has been a few days since my last post (and that is said tongue-in-cheek.
) I have been busy, busy, busy. But I'MMMM BAAAAAAAAAACK.


These are Judy's chickens, well some of them. See that big old nasty rooster-Judy calls him Rooster Cogburn. I call him mean and evil. He didn't think I needed to go inside the coop and he scares the c*** out of me. Well, I got in and found this-
They told me they were just doing their job and I said "Good, go to it ladies." And they did.

Then I took a slow ride up the road to see the sights. Yes, there are a few sights around Vernon.
I stopped here

and said "hey" to mom and then drove on up to see how far I could go and how much snow was left. I got just past the first cattleguard before I had to turn around and the snow was beautiful and so pristine looking.

It was so quiet, so peaceful, so serene. I cannot wait to see what all this moisture brings this spring and summer. As we were coming home, I spotted the first of the wild poppies along the side of the road in Gonzalez Pass.

And then, as we came out of the Pass, we witnessed this (and you know how I love this!)

And that was yesterday.

More about today tomorrow, which will make today another yesterday. I have had a lot of great yesterdays and tomorrow, today will be another one.

Love, Jan

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think those chickens are beautiful, I didn't think that was possible? :)