Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dear Friend,

Here is another quilt from the AQG Show that I was drawn to.

When I first looked at this quilt I thought it was interesting-I liked the design, the contrast and the colors.
And then I took a closer look and thought "Wow, someone did a great job of cutting the fabric pieces so that the light and dark of each piece was evenly distributed."

Then I took another look an saw that this quilter (sorry, I can't give the credit to the maker) had paper pieced each strip to make the blocks. She very carefully placed her light and dark pieces to create another dimension.


And it looks like each strip is 1/4 inch wide finished. That is a lot of piecing!


I have made one paper pieced pineapple quilt. It was rewarding to watch the blocks take shape but I will probably never tackle another one again. My hat is off to this very patient and talented quiltmaker.

More later.
Love , Jan

No comments: