Tuesday, June 9, 2009

On the Mountain With Hunter & Logann

Dear Friend-
Well I'm back from a great weekend with Logann and Hunter. I love spending time with my grand kids and especially when we get to do a little one on one, or in this case, two on one.

It is so rewarding to see these kids enter adulthood, to listen to them express their views and ideas, and to see them start stepping up to help and do things without being asked or prodded. (Note to families of young children: There is hope!)

The weather was windy and chilly but the time I get to spend up there and enjoy all the wonderful life on the mountains makes it worth bundling up and tying everything down.

I hope that I can have the opportunity to spend more time with each of these wonderful kids as they grow and develop before they move out and on with their lives. Being their grandmother has been the frosting on my cake!
The Salt River from the first look-out on the Globe side.



New Oaks
This red fungus is really sprouting up around the ranch, especially around the wild rose bushes. Does anyone recognize them or know anything about them?


And yes, despite the combined efforts of every Naegle generation, there are still horned (toads) lizards that have survived. Did you know that they are truely becoming an endangered species?



Well, I've got to go. I'll share more later,
Love, Jan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hunter may have been bored but he did get much done for us. He helped me plant the garden. His peas are now coming up. He built a chicken brooder for my 11 baby chicks. I now have 11 peepers peeping. He and his dad put a fence around the garden to keep Molly and Sam from destroying it. Something that I don't think he really appreciates at this time was the learning experience he had with his great-grandfather on the brooder and the fence project with is dad. I will say his Dad has more patience and understanding for him than Grandpa J.T. It reminded me of some projects we did with dad.