Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Busy Month of May

Dear Friend,

I just wanted to let you know that I am still here and thinking about you. Things have been happening faster than I can keep up with. Here is a rundown of the past few weeks:


May 8th and May 9th we celebrated Morgann's 17th and Ian's 16th birthday's with dinner at a new family favorite Mexican Food Restaurant in Queen Creek - Rio Rico. Then there was a quick trip to Vernon for Mother's Day.
















Last week we had 3 graduations (all on one day) I attended 2 of them, Eli's from Kindergarten-too cute, of course and the big one for Logann on Thursday evening. Seth had a graduation ceremony for Jr High at the same time as Eli's, so half the family went to his. I am still recovering from that one. I offered to take Logann early and save the seats, so I spent 3 1/2 hours sitting in the rain, fighting off all encroachers to wet stadium seats so we could huddle under the umbrellas and watch her do her walk.
Definitly Mr. Cool!





We are all so proud of Logann, she graduated in the top 20% of her class and earned academic honors and a full scholarship for her scores on the AIMS exams. She is going to NAU and is so excited.


That's her in the middle looking for us (the blonde).

Proud Moment.









Friday evening, we had a graduation party for her and then early Saturday, Marla and I drove up to spend the weekend at the ranch. Judy had taken dad to the Doctor in Springerville on Friday and they sent him to Show Low to the Emergency room for a proceedure.




Dad is okay but was still having some problems so she had to take him back Saturday morning. She just needed a little support from us plus the fact that we took Hunter up to spend a couple of weeks helping her and dad with some projects.

Hunter will be planting 2 gardens, getting the chicken coop set up with water and several other things on the list. He thinks it is boring up there and for a 17 year old city boy, he's right. It is boring but he will survive it, I'm sure of that. I told him that being the slave labor in Vernon beats being the slave labor in Wellton-hands down! I don't think he believes me though.


Marla, Hunter and I were the only ones up at the ranch this weekend-we don't count the non-Naegles. It was beautiful, peaceful and cold. It rained so hard on Saturday night, I honestly thought I was going to need oars to get off the mountain. Sunday brought a powerful hailstorm in Vernon and Monday we had a downpour that had snow in it.


The best breakfast in the world, ever, biscuits or pancakes, bacon, eggs, and fresh fruit on the porch of your humble home on the mountain!

Well, the long weekend is over and it is back to work. I did call in sick today-I think I can count on one hand, the number of times I have called in sick, but I can't get rid of this cold. I just need to spend one whole day at home in my jammies, don't you agree.

Enjoy some of these gorgeous pictures of Vernon and the Mountain. Hunter did a good job!

Love Jan



Flowers on the Mountain


Hail in Vernon










I love this flower. I think it is a begonia.



The wild iris is blooming all over the mountain.









3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh the flowers are gorgeous!
I can't wait for July!

andrea said...

I have a couple of bunches of the wild iris from the mountain in my backyard. They aren't very happy...I think I need to move them somewhere with more sun. The iris my parents had at their house did great in full sun.

Unknown said...

The gorgeous begonia is truly a geranium. When I bought it I think it is called a Martha Washington Geranium.