Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tell Them I'm Out of the Office



Dear Friend,
I love the desert in the early spring. Especially if we have had a good wet winter. Shawn took this photo last week and hope you can see how green the mountain is. I also thought it was a great scene photo with the 3 elements of the story- a beginning, a middle and an end.

It is day 2 of several days off and I am feeling so relaxed. No traffic, no auditors, no telephones, no schedules. What more could I ask for? I have been fairly busy though, I pieced together all the blocks for my black-red & white quilt top and found I was 2 rows short, so it's back to the ZT to find some more pieces to add. It's a good thing this is a very scrappy quilt and I do have a bit of the the fabric already in it but I still need to add some. Oh, and I was trying to do 2 things at once (so much for multi-tasking) and broke my Rowenta iron. So I will have to replace that because I cannot sew without one.



I am glad he is wearing those heavy work gloves.
More photo's from Mat. This time he appears to have befriended a ---you're correct. It is a bat. I don't know if I have never seen one this close or have never seen a yellow one. Creepy!




Wyatt's class went up to the Don's Camp at the base of the Superstitions last week and these are some of the pictures from his adventure. I would love to go but they only present this program for the schools-during the week.
An attempt at roping. That will come in handy someday!



Panning for Gold-in the Superstitions, of course.
Panning for gold as a woman????


Despite my best efforts to try to avoid the stores while I am on this short vacation, I now need to get ready to go into town. Sometimes I feel like I am back in Wellton and contemplating a trip to Yuma, that's how far it is to the quilt store. I know that is also the distance from Vernon to Show Low-but the only reason to go to Show Low is groceries, there is so little else.



This is a picture of Ian's newest bed cover. Straight from Ikea-he loved it!

Things to do, places to go. I'm off to buy a new iron and look for some special fabrics to finish.
More later, love, Jan

2 comments:

bradi said...

What a cool bedspread! And the desert views are wonderful too. I even like the bat. Nice!

Anonymous said...

Did you buy another Rowenta? I really love my digital advantage Black and Decker way more than Fran's Rowenta. =)

I laughed about your beginning, middle and end. I'm loving seeing everything so green. One of these days soon, the flowers out there will bloom and I'll force Paul into the truck for a drive.