Friday, February 27, 2009

Dear Friend,

I just read this found this link to a beautiful and sad piece of poetry about the Austrailian fires earlier this month. It brought back a lot of memories our our Rodeo-Chedeski fires. It was such a terrible waste and loss to the people of Australia. Click here to read "Black is All I See".

I hope we can keep the these devastating fires off of our forests. Even with all the moisture we have had over the past couple of years, I still worry about the threat of fire. I know it is heavy on my dad's mind too. He wants to put a metal roof on the house in Vernon this summer. With all the growth they are seeing, all the people moving up there, and the high use of the forest, it would only take one careless mistake to lose it all.

Sorry for seeming so morbid, but reading this poem and seeing the photos, it really got to me.
I think it's time to turn the computer off for the day. I promise to write something more tomorrow. Maybe I'll tell you about the little trip Shirley and I took today.
Love, Jan

No comments: