Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Long Time Gone

Well, needless to say, it has been a while since I posted. I have often thought of posting but there always seems to be something else to distract me. (Notice I used the word "distract" as opposed to something more important...)

So what have I been up to lately? I was going to spend a day and night with one of my oldest, best friend, Irene in Pima and then head up to the ranch and spend a long weekend enjoying the last of summer. That plan went under the train when I went looking for some technical help with my software program for the website I work with. I had to be back here on Sunday so that I could be available Monday-Tuesday to meet with one of the tech people I was seeking help from.

When I got to Irene's, she had 2 quilts she wanted me to help her with so-we sewed and sewed. This is one of the quilt tops we put together. This is a Turning 20 pattern, using 20 fat quarters and 3 or four cuts to make the blocks. Cute pattern and works up very fast if you don't use directional prints.










I was looking at some of my favorite blogs this morning (I am slowly recovering most of them from my August computer crash) and found this. I love it. She has a basic picture tutorial of how to make these precious pin cushions as well a super cute hot pad. You can find it here.








As for me-I have been doing a lot of red work-finished my St. Nicholas and am also doing a nativity from Two Blonde Mice. The project that is the biggest challenge is a Block of the Month to make a gorgeous Civil War Tribute Quilt. Each month we make 4 to 8 blocks of each of these designs. The good news is I am 80% caught up. That means I still have lots of work to do. I will finish this by December though.
Red work Nativity-"It Started With a Family"










Civil War Tribute












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's the nativity one I lost! You are farther along on it than I am, or you were in Sept. and probably finished it now. I love the Civil War quilt. Is that your sesquicentennial tribute? I'm trying to decide what to do for mine.