Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year and A Happy One

Happy New Year to friends and family. After a night of family, food and fireworks, it is time to start the new year.


I have lots of goals and plans. Some are very personal and I hope to fulfill a promise I made to Dad before he passed away. Other goals include the fact that 2011 is a milestone year for me-I turn the big 65 in July. The good news is that I can start drawing my Social Security and keep my job. Yahoo! I do plan to cut back one day at the office though. Cutting one day of that 50+ mile trip will help save on the $3.00+ gas prices.



There is so much I want to do this year and having an extra day will be wonderful. Now the goal is to keep it productive.



This past couple of months has been busy trying to get quilts ready for Christmas. Here are a couple that were under the tree.





This was a Turning 20 pattern that my bff, Irene was making for a member of her family. We spent Labor Day weekend putting the top together and I brought it home to put the border on, make the backing and getting it quilted. It is a king size and I found this great batik (so bright & cheerful) for the back. It was quilted by Kit Struc-she is an amazing quilter.




This happy quilt top is a 100% scrap quilt. It is lap size and quilted by another amazing quilter friend, Sue Williams.





This was a quilt that my friend, Frank handed me at work about a year or more ago. It was a top that his wife's grandmother had pieced. I had to replace the muslin in the blocks and square them up. It took a long time to decide how to finish it but when it was done, I was very pleased and Frank & his family were very happy. Kit Strunc quilted this for me. She did the custom quilted feathers in the border.







But there is no rest for a quilter. Marla gave me some cute valentine pink and brown fabric for Christmas and I am buried in a gorgeous BOM Civil War quilt as well as 15 blocks that have to be ready by the end of January for a block exchange in my Women and Quilt History group.

I'm off to make quilts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to read the white on light, but the pictures say it all! I love that green quilt, and the quilting pattern is so neat!