Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Touring Miami Arizona





Dear Friends,

Last Friday I ended up in Miami (AZ) with lots of time to kill. I went to the quilt store and had a good time. I picked these pieces to make Morgann a new quilt. I hope she likes it.

After I did a couple of times around the shop and made my purchase I still had time-I was waiting for Judy to meet me for lunch at Guayo's and getting really hungry just thinking about it.

Since she was not even into Globe yet, I decided to check out some of the back streets of Miami. I drove through area north of Sullivan St. (the street with all the antique stores) and this is what I found:
a solid wall of this beautiful ice plant.


Cement stairs up steep hillsides to front doors, an old police car-straight out of Dragnet,


some really interesting buildings-most of them abandoned and some in very high places


and some very colorful ones.
This was interesting-the shell of a block 2-story behind this very well kept manufactured home
I loved this tree!
And then I saw this house-a little smaller, but it reminded me so much of Gin and Irwin's house in Butte. It brought back a wave of memories. Mat couldn't see it, but I did.
And then Judy arrived and we had a wonderful lunch. She got a much needed break and I, well let's just say I saw my future and it wasn't pretty.

That's all for now. Later, love Jan

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love the colors of the fabrics!
Never been to Miami,AZ looks VERY rustic & cool :)

Anonymous said...

Miami is one of the fun places I like to go, and you saw some things I didn't. Maybe I'll get back there someday and see them for myself.