Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to All



Dear Friend,

It has been a wonderful Christmas this year. Even with the wallets a little thinner, and never enough time-we have had some wonderful times with friends and family.

The Christmas spirit began early this month with two great parties, the first was a gathering of friends from my work place. Our managers did a wonderful job of putting this party together with lots of food and fun. Thank you for the wonderful party.

The next day I attended another gathering of friends from my favorite Quilt Store. Lots of good food and laughs and Ken and his partner, Ron provided a wonderful setting-Christmas in every room in the house. When you enjoy a Christmas party with talented friends, it is a special treat to receive wonderful gifts - home-made candies, jellies, breads and special gifts for the sewing room.


In the meantime, I managed to complete 3 Christmas quilt projects and I must say that with the completion of each, my machine quilting improves. I still have one or two Christmas projects and my new goal is to make a Christmas theme quilt every year. Wish me luck!











The Sunday before Christmas is reserved for the Hunter Family Christmas Party. By tradition, homemade Mexican food and let me share a secret with you...we have the best cooks in our little group. This is where we continue a wonderful tradition that Mom start 20+ years ago of a home-made Christmas ornament for every member of the family. This year, Shana and Kristie had made these cute ornaments- decorated mittens.








We had this chance to take some great family pictures with Dad, too.



Grandpa and his grandchildren.














Christmas Eve I am sort of on my own as the girls usually spend this time with their other families so I went to Marla and Stu's. For the first time in probably 6 years, Dad was here and is handling it better than I thought he would. Another great dinner and Marla shared this CD with us. (If you get a chance, add this to your family Christmas library. It is a recording of the MTC Christmas presentation last year and is the story of my favorite Christmas Carol-"I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day".)



I have to share this wonderful treasure with you now-this is what Kristie and Shana made for me- a family photo album of my favorite grandkids.
















Christmas Day is a breakfast tradition of crepes and trimmings with my family, gift exchanges and fun-followed by a relaxing day and dinner later. As for now, I think it's time for a nap.

Later, with love,
Jan

1 comment:

Jen said...

What fun traditions!
I was totally craving Mexican food last night- I should have come crashed your party :)

Love the FAMILY book- so cute!