Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Beautiful Ways to Start the Day


Dear Friend, When we moved out here a couple of months ago, we had these pretty little verbenias growing along the front sidewalk. They are pretty and easy to maintain (translation: no maintenance required.) And then about 2 weeks ago, we started noticing a visitor in this bed. We've watched it grow, put on buds and then we had this wonderful surprise!



A beautiful red tulip plant has opened up. It is absolutely gorgeous!


These colorful little plants are like a sweet goodbye when I leave the house and a wonderful welcome home when I return. It is a really good thing that they were already here and I am not responsible for them because I have the blackest thumb in the family. I can't grow silk plants!






Anyway, I wish I could bottle the wonderful smell that greets me every morning when I step outside. There is a sweet desert smell of damp mesquite, combined with the blooming flowers that is such a delight.


Last week I stopped and took these pictures of the sunrise over the eastern mountains. The sky looks like it is on fire. I should have pulled off the road last night and taken pictures of a glorious sunset






I was glad stopped. I need to do it more often! Oh and just down the road from this, I had to stop and wait for about 12 peahens to make up their little peaminds which side of the road they wanted to be on. What a great morning!
Love, Jan

1 comment:

Jen said...

Gorgeous! See we do have some beauty in AZ :)